Art in the Moment
Individuals with dementia and their care partners or family members are encouraged to take part in Art in the Moment, a special program featuring small-group gallery conversations and art-making opportunities led by an art therapist from CJE SeniorLife, museum educators, and trained volunteers.
Participants will enjoy
- Exploring ideas about art and artists during a visit to the museum galleries
- Experiencing intellectual stimulation through creative expression
- Participating in meaningful exchanges in a supportive environment
- Making connections in a dynamic group setting using personal experiences
Caregivers will be able to
- Explore art while the person in their care is safe and engaged
- Interact, share experiences, and learn from other caregivers
Individual listening devices are provided. The program requires light walking with periods of rest and is wheelchair-accessible.
To schedule a program, please complete the Art in the Moment request form.